Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 149

Movie: Mask of Zorro
Starring: Antonio Banderas, Anthony Hopkins
Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance, Comedy,
Year: 1998
Format: TV EDIT

Plot: After the death of his wife, Zorro disappears. Twenty years later, he resurfaces at the same time that his old enemy has returned to town.  What no one knows is that Zorro has taken on a student and is looking for the daughter that was kidnapped from him.

Ohhh, sword fights!
I think I mentioned once before that I am a sucker for a movie with sword fights.   Otherwise, this is a light movie about a serious topic. Oppression.  It's about a small town that has been run by fear up to that point and needs to be freed.
I say it's a light film because there are so many moments of just pure silliness and comedy that sometimes you forget that this legend always came with a message.

What do I think I learned from this film?
There is a reason we have superheroes, to give us the strength of will to be the hero ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment