Top 5 hints you might be doing a movie from the 1980's if...
1. You find your costume has a lot of neon.
2. You find you are wearing shoulder pads the size of a small bus
3. You find yourself in a high school prom/dance at the big finale and/or have a break dancing scene or dance off for no real reason
4. You're a 35 year old actor cast to play a 17 year old
5. The words totally, gag me, like, and/or awesome dude are highly peppered in your character's vocabulary.
Bonus..... 6. If you are in a movie about a sport and suddenly there is a five minute training montage
7. You find the make-up and hair department used two full bottles of hairspray on you resulting in either a headache from the spray and/or weight of your hair, a strange stickiness at the back of your throat from accidentally breathing in the hairspray, your hair is so big you have to bend to fit through a door. (or a combination)