Sunday, May 31, 2015

What that movie inspired me to do #17

The April and May Food n Flix are being counted as #15 and #16




I decided to make mead.  Inspired by the movie Beowulf , and the scenes where they are in the drinking hall talking about the mead and how it made their land famous.  I just could not resist.
I decided to do this for my youtube, cause I keep promising to do recipes on there.

But, if you just don't want to hit play...the recipe is super simple.

Ingredients
honey
water
yeast
allspice
cinnamon
nutmeg
cloves

Bring water and honey to boil for 5minutes, then let cool for a few minutes before adding spices.  Let sit to cool for another 15minutes and add your yeast.  Pour into a large container and cover with cling wrap for 7 days.
Then put in fridge for another 3 days before straining and transferring to a dark glass bottle.
Let sit for 6 months.

Amazingly easy right?  Here's the video anyways, cause I made a video.

till later

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh...I can't wait until October! Seriously cool. I've thought about making Mead before, but never actually tried it. Your video makes me want to make a batch for myself, because I know I'll be kicking myself come October when I see yours, if I don't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the bottle doesn't explode before then. So easy to make, it's just the waiting 6 months for it to be drinkable.
      Admit it, you were digging my "apron".

      Delete