Saturday, March 31, 2012

Your Movie Sucks by Roger Ebert



One of the world's top movie critics, Roger Ebert has seen it all. Literally.

This volume of some of his best reviews of some of the worst movies to come out between 2000 and 2007, expresses just why he's currently the leader of the pack.

I rarely agree with critics. {partly why I became a book reviewer myself and an amateur movie critic} But even I can not argue with Ebert's reviews of things like Rollerball, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and Scooby-Doo.

The introduction to the book gives a bit of a tease. I was hoping the rest of the book would get as in-depth, but it doesn't.  And I can understand that he spent enough time on the reviews the first time around, why should he torture himself again with an explanation?

This over all is a great light read { I don't mean by page count but by the fact you can read the reviews together or randomly} and a collection of works that any film fan should have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment