Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blogathon- My Movie Year



There is a Blogathon being hosted over on Fandango Groover's Movie blog.
We've been asked to pick a year that we think was great for movies and back up our theory with 5 movies from that year.




1998


The Last Days of Disco,
 Practical Magic,
 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas,
Blade,
 John Carpenter's Vampires




The Last Days of Disco {was Day 14 }  and Practical Magic {was Day 10}

Maybe it was a good year for movies because three of my choices were based on novels {Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson and Vampire$ by John Steakley}
As well, Blade was based on a very popular character from Marvel comics. 


7 comments:

  1. I haven’t The Last Days of Disco for years, I must watch it again. Glad to see Blade on the list, an underrated movie that seems to be forgotten amongst all the other vampire and comic book movies that have been made since. Thanks for taking part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blade, I think is one of the better comic to film.
      I think Last Days Of Disco is one of those films that surprises people

      Delete
  2. 1998's a year where the mainstream fare didn't stand out which leaves a more intriguing set of films for me: After Life, Fucking Amal, The Idiots, and Run Lola Run. Not one of the top years for me but a very interesting year.

    Still, your post reminds me that I need to watch some Whit Stillman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard few months back there is suppose to be a fourth Stillman film coming out to tie up the other three. Hope it's more then just internet rumours.

      Delete
  3. hi!movie blogger here looking for people to participate in my site's first blogathon! hope ur interested! http://wetalkaboutmovies.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/thomas-mccarthy-marathon/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choices here simply because you strayed from what I think most people would have went with like Big Lebowski, American History X, Saving Private Ryan, Truman Show, etc. And I gotta respect the love for the more badass vampire movies, good call. I have yet to see Practical Magic or The Last Days of Disco, and Fear and Loathing is already on my summer reading list, since I keep hearing over and over, "if you like the movie, you'll love the book."

    ReplyDelete
  5. ZombieBodhi... Thanks. Fear and Loathing is one of those books I could not put down.

    ReplyDelete