Saturday, December 6, 2014

Saturday Dec 6th 2014


Year four. Off to a slow start, but that's because I don't have any challenges planned for this year. I've got an All Jane Austen book thing happening this year, so I figured some of the movie blogging will connect to it.

There are many versions of movies based on the novels Emma, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, Pride and Prejudice and yes, I did talk about a few of them before. But, there is no rule that says I can't talk about some of them again. (it's my blog damn it!)   Crossing fingers that the book club part actually lasts more then one book this year,  and from where I am sitting right now (my living room facing the television) thinking of talking about each title (dvd) that corresponds to that month's book.  (man that sounds dry doesn't it?)

Book club is starting with Emma. So over the course of the month, I'll be kicking around with a couple of versions of Emma.  (I have the 2009 version, the 1996 version with Kate Beckinsale, the other 1996 version with Gwyneth Paltrow, and Clueless.)

Don't worry, there will be other movies as well. A girl can not live on Mr. Darcy alone...though many of us have tried. (I'm more of a Captain Wentworth girl myself...) 

Till later

No comments:

Post a Comment