Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 315

movie: The Amazing Spider-Man
starring: Rhys Ifans, Andrew Garfield
genre: Drama, Adventure
year: 2012
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: Peter Parker is left one night at his aunt and uncles after his parent's house is robbed. Years later he learns that his parents were running from someone, who may have caused their deaths. And he meets a former co-worker of his dad's, a Doctor Connors. Connors is working on a way to splice human and animal dna.  Parker is bitten and becomes Spider-Man, while Connors becomes something else.

This has got to be my favourite of the Spider-Man films.  The casting was perfect, and this Peter Parker was by far more of what I remember from the cartoons/comics. (okay I admit, I watched more of the cartoons then I ever did reading of the books)

I love Rhys Ifans in everything I've ever seen him in, so for me he was bonus.  This was a well paced and smartly written story.  I know that there are many "alternate versions" of the spider man world, but this is by far -for me- more interesting then the one used in the previous films.
I just wish that they had included the J.Jonah Jameson.

what do i think i learned from this film?
Sometimes you have to walk away from someone in order to protect them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment