Saturday, September 6, 2014

year 3 day 114

movie: 30 Minutes or Less
starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Danny McBride
genre: Comedy, Action
year: 2011
format: Netflix Canada

plot: A man who wants to hire a hitman to kill his father in order to inherit millions, kidnaps a delivery guy and forces him to rob a bank for him in under 8 hours.

I want to say I hated it, but I actually liked most of this movie. I shuffled past it more then once thinking it wouldn't be any good at all because I'm not a fan of Danny McBride; but this was surprisingly interesting. I wouldn`t say it was funny, but it had a few moments of well written dialog.

I have to admit, I pretty much watched this for the sole reason of it being a Jesse Eisenberg movie. When I spotted the Insane Clown Pose t-shirt on one of the bad guys, I was thinking it was going to be a hint at something, but sadly it wasn`t.

What I never understood was, if the McBride character had enough balls to hire a hitman and kidnap someone, why didn`t he have enough guts to just do the hit himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment