Monday, October 19, 2015

13 days of Hallowe'en


It's that time of year again, when the crispness of the leaves melts in the air with the scent of pumpkin pie spice and hot apple cider. When horror movies go on sale at the store, and late night television has movie marathons of classic and not so classic films filled with vampires, witches, werewolves and zombies.  And of course, candy! Lots and lots of candy appears out of nowhere tempting us to devour it in preparation for the coming hibernation season many of us prefer.

And I'm jumping into this with #26 of What that Movie Inspired Me to Do. 

This is a DO-OVER of my most popular post in the series...the Elvira Mistress of the Dark Adraka Kozorol...
For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, there is a scene in the 1988 movie where Elvira makes dinner for her date from what she believes is a recipe book, but is really a spell book; and ends up conjuring a demon. (I covered the movie on Day 49 of year one)

I've been thinking about this for a really long time, and you know what?  I'm so not happy with the ones I made way way way back in year one of the blog.  Pretty bad, like really who want's to eat that? bad!
So, here's my updated much needed improved version of the whole thing.

We'll start with a link to the original I did back in 2012...(here) ooohhh, aaahhh, umm...

Now that that is out of the way....The 2015 much needed much improved version. 
 

I only did one casserole this time around, a Taco Casserole. 

Ingredients

pasta
tomato paste
veggie ground round
onion
sloppy joe spice
milk
water
shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar/mozzarella/monterey jack with jalapeno)
tortilla chips
sour cream

Boil pasta in salt water for 3 minutes, drain MOST BUT NOT ALL of the water,
add pasta to casserole dish,
chop or slice onion to your liking, adding it to the dish,
add veggie ground round and sloppy joe spice,
mix together,
add tomato paste and milk, mixing again,
break up tortilla chips, sprinkling them on top, then layering cheese.
Bake at 350degrees for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
Top with sour cream

And...I decided to make Elvira week part of my "13 Days of Hallowe'en". So, I'll be back over the course of the week to give you more inspirations inspired by the movie Elvira Mistress of the Dark, before getting into the rest of the Hallowe'en spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment