Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Cinema Files s1 p15

Cinema Files
page 15, chapter 15

Rancid Romance

Vincent was standing in the doorway of the cafe when we pulled up to the mini mall. He was once again wearing dark jeans that were like a second skin, the silver plated belt buckle in the shape of a 'V', and a grey long sleeve shirt with the sleeves pushed up to the elbows. His skin ripe olives, his deep brown eyes sparkling as he smirked at us. His short dark hair seemed to be just a touch greyer. Closing the door to the cafe, Vincent brought the tray of coffees as he followed us into the video store. "It's about time."

"What was that?" Detective Ryan Whitechapel asked a half step behind him.

"Nothing. Minding my own business." Vincent replied handing him one of the coffees in the same movement that he grabbed me by the waist leading me into the far left corner of the store, into the far far little room that had the dramas and the crime dvds. "So?" he was still smirking.

"So back." I reached for one of the coffee cups but Vincent pulled the tray out of my reach.

"No no no. No treat till you tell me how his tricks were?"

"You're worse than a teenaged girl."

"Possibly." he tilted his head to the side. "As happy as I am to see you with him... look at you  you're just glowing...be careful. You've been alone too long and the last thing you need right now is to fall in love. It's called rebounding for a reason."

"Mons. Girl, I see the cops are here. You getting arrested there?" Blake's voice was loud as he shouted over the sound of the small bell, announcing his arrival. He giggled at the idea or out of nervousness, hard to say as he closed the door behind him. "Where are ya?" he unzipped his jacket tossing it onto the counter before noticing Ryan was standing a few feet behind him in the doorway to the room on the far right. Ryan had been wandering through the musicals and kids section. "What's he doin' here? His name was not in the email thing rights." Blake commented then as he leaned his elbows behind himself on the counter, staring down Detective Whitechapel. "I gots the text rights here. His name is not on the invitation. See, it's got Vincent right, your wee little puppet man, then it's got that Rudolph character that may or may not be the murder; which I'm leaning towards may. But I still have to prove it. And then there's me. My name. Where on here does it say Detective Whitechapel? Where does it say his name? If he's not parts of tha' group text, it must mean he's just not parts of the group. Mons. How did he know if he didn't get the text? Didn't get the call on the bat phone?"

"Wow you are so jealous." Vincent said walking up to the edge of the counter handing Blake one of the coffees.

"Me? Why would I be jealous? Jealous of him?" he gestured towards Ryan. "What with his perfect hair and sparkly eyes?" Blake then ran his hand through his own short hair feeling a slight bit insecure. "I got nothin' to be jealous for. Can we just get on with this now?"  his voice became pinched. "What no danish for this coffee?" his attention was then taken by the door jingling once again, as Rudolph walked in. "Good now the gangs t'all present and account'ed for. Let's get this over wit'." Blake nodded slurping the contents of his cup noisily. "S'uppose tis' is all about the case she's been working on. With us. Behind your back." Blake gestured once again to himself then Ryan.

"I'm late by the looks of it." Rudolph remarked as he crossed the length of the shop to lean on the edge of the counter. "You didn't come home last night." he spoke softly to me as I walked back into the main part of the store, having finally gotten a coffee from Vincent. Rudolph's beautiful grey eyes looking up at me from under his lashes, as he licked his lips both arms crossed on the counter top, staring at me for a long pause.

"This is all off the record." Whitechapel said suddenly crossing to close the gap between himself and Rudolph. "I will arrest you for interfering with an investigation if any of what we talk about today ends up in the paper."    Rudolph sighed nodding towards him.


Tune in again for another installment of the Cinema Files starring your heroine...me (straight up story. Yes, I know I'm over a week late once again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment