Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 70

Movie: Anonymous
Starring: Rhys Ifans, Vanessa Redgrave
Genre: Drama, Historical,
Year: 2011
Format: Shaw Video On Demand


Plot: Historians for years have been saying that Shakespeare may not have been who he claimed to be.  That he was in fact the Earl of Oxford- Edward de Vere is explored here

I was spellbound by this film.  I have admitted before that I am a fan of Shakespeare, I'm also a fan of Rhys Ifans.  So this was just cake for me.

This film brings up so many points and questions.You can not walk away from this movie without feeling the need to research the Earl of Oxford and compare his biography with the works of Shakespeare.
This opens up an explanation as to how Shakespeare was able to dig so deep into the subconscious minds of the people he wrote about, and makes reading between the lines of the times a bit more understandable. 

What do I think I learned from this film?
A writer must write because it's in their soul, even if you end up becoming the ultimate ghostwriter.

No comments:

Post a Comment