Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 244

movie: Hunger Games
starring: Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland
genre: Action, Drama
year: 2012
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: a group of teenagers are taken and forced to take part in a fight to the death

This is based on the book series.

I have to ask what is it that people seem to like about this?  Really, I was ten minutes into this and all I could think was what was the motivation that would cause someone the talent of Donald Sutherland to be part of a piece of retarded brutality like this?
At the end of the film, I was asking myself the same question still.  I don't know if this would be more acceptable if it had adult actors in the main roles like Stallone or Statham? (this reminded me way too much of the  Death Race movies which both Stallone and Statham played in versions of)  But then again, that's the type of films we've come to expect from them. Not from classic actors like Sutherland and Tucci. And why on earth do people keep putting Stanley Tucci in such bad wigs?

I have not read the books, nor do I think I really want to.

what do i think i learned from this film?
You never know what you're really made of until you're life is on the line

No comments:

Post a Comment