Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 254

movie: Safe
starring: Jason Statham, Chris Sarandon
genre: Action, Crime
year: 2012
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: An ex cop finds himself in the middle of a mob war after saving a little girl on a subway

Jason Statham.  He kicks, he drives, he shoots.

You know you're in for a good action flick when you see his name in the credits anywhere.  I would have liked some warning about the subtitles though because my tv screen isn't the biggest and reading subtitles is something I like to be prepared for.

I would love to see him step out of these sorts of roles for a movie, it just seems to me that he's been typecast.  Then again, it's what he knows will bring him a paycheck so... I would just like to see him do something that doesn't have him kicking, driving and shooting his way through two hours. Can we just have him do one movie where he plays a doctor or a dragqueen or ... love to see him as a vampire or something. Give this man one real romantic comedy please

what do i think i learned from this film?
You never know who's on the other end of a double cross.

2 comments:

  1. It’s not surprising that Jason Statham is in another action flick but the good thing is that he is very good at it. That is what makes him watchable and in most of his roles he seems to have somewhat of a heart. This time he’s defending an orphaned Chinese girl from the Triads, read Chinese gang. I’ve decided that I’m going to rent this movie and I’ll do it through my Blockbuster @ Home subscription. It allows me to add movies to an online queue and then they get delivered by mail. I found that it’s more convenient than going from kiosk to kiosk to find what I’m looking for. Thanks to a Dish co-worker I’ve been using the service for over six months now. I have to agree with you about wanting to see Jason branch out into different roles from the ones he has been playing. He seems to be talented enough to where he could pull off a romantic comedy, maybe something along the lines of The Bounty Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tough guy with a heart is part of what I mean by typecast, all the roles he does he's like that. He' literally playing the ideal perfect man, the knight in shining armor.

    Dude's just nice to look at

    ReplyDelete