Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 235

Movie: Fun  with Dick and Jane
Starring: Jim Carrey, Tea Leoni
Genre: Comedy, Crime
Year:2005
Format: Shaw Video On Demand

Plot: After years of being on top at work, a couple lose their jobs and end up having to sell everything. Just before the bank fore closes on their house, they turn to desperate measures and start stealing.

This is one of those it's so stupid it's funny films. Slapstick and physical comedy at it's best with Carrey.

It's a simple plot that really needs no delving into.  I was laughing out loud more then a few times.  I know I say this a lot, but I don't think it would have been half as charming with anyone else in the lead.  It just works mostly because of Jim Carrey.


What do I think I learned from this film?
The moral of this story is that crime doesn't pay, but payback does. It also shows how desperate some folks will become when they feel they are not living the way they are comfortable.  It's also that, a story about learning your limitations and when to move out of your comfort zone. Stand up for yourself when you don't think that there's anything left to stand up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment