Saturday, January 14, 2017

Random movie Jan 14th

Movie: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
starring: Michael Cera, Kat Dennings
genre: Comedy
year: 2008
format: TV EDIT

plot: After learning that a band is playing an after hours gig, a group of teens spend the night following clues as to where the band will be, while dealing with the reality of their relationships being less then desired.

Based on the book.

Okay, so I was flipping the channels and saw this listed, hit the description for it and saw Jay Baruchel listed as being in it, and that was the only reason I bothered to sit down and watch it. Sadly, he only had four minutes of air time.

You've got a guy who is head over heels with his ex, who burned him, and the chick who has been secretly crushing on him for awhile finally spending time together, and the only thing getting in the way of them is themselves; their friends and two jealous exes.
I kept waiting for it to get funny. I could have done without the puking in the airport bathroom scene. It just seemed like there was nothing happening, just one long ramble of a game of tag.

I have to say, there was one line that was almost the redeeming quality for the whole movie, when the character of Norah is looking through Nick's music collection and says "you are literally like my musical soulmate". That line got my attention and just stuck with me for the last few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment