Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 260

movie: Detention
starring: Josh Hutcherson, Shanley Caswell
genre: Comedy, Horror
year: 2011
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: A group of high school students are being terrorized by a campus killer pretending to be the main character from their favourite horror film Cinderhella

This film mixes elements from some cult classics like Donnie Darko, Scream and Breakfast Club
It mocks some of the sillier elements while still keeping a classic feel itself.

I was under the impression from the trailer that it was a straight up horror, but it's not. There are few scenes of slasher horror. Most of the blood scenes are over the top ridiculous giving to slapstick.

what do I think I learned from this film?
I don't think there is much to learn from this as it's just too distracting with it's funnybones.  The only thing I think I can say I took away from it was the idea of what was old is new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment