Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 270

movie: The Lucky One
starring: Zac Efron, Taylor Schilling
genre: Drama
year: 2012
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: A solider who survives when his group doesn't, believes he was saved by a lucky charm. After getting back home, he goes in search of the woman who's picture got him through it all

Based on the novel of the same name.

I cried at the ending.  Bit of a twist that I didn't really see coming.
I have to admit, I didn't really know who Zac Efron was until a few months ago, but I get it.  I see what everyone is all goo-goo about him for.

This is by the same author who wrote the Notebook and has the same sort of rhythm to it.
It's a story of a knight in shinning armor for the modern world. You can't help but think this could have easily been made as a Sunday night Hallmark style film.  

what do i think i learned from this film?
Honor, love, respect.  It's what everyone is looking for and very few ever find.

No comments:

Post a Comment