Monday, June 10, 2013

Final Judgement

Movie: Dredd

Where: Mom's on Shaw Video On Demand

Reason: I really wanted to see how they handled this remake

plot: Some point in the future, the population has become so overrun that half the world live in skyrises referred to as blocks. Most of these are slums. Inside one of these blocks, two police officers are being hunted down by the drug lord of the block.

This is a straight up, shoot'em up movie. And given the fact it's set in pretty much one location for 90% of the film, there are a few scenes at the beginning that happen elsewhere, it manages to do what it's suppose to, make you feel isolated without making you bored.
I semi-remember the original movie Judge Dredd (1995) (and why I thought there had been a second one back in the 1990's is beyond me?) and don't really remember anything being the same from the first movie to the remake. 
I know the whole story is based on graphic novels/comics, but I've never read them so I can't compare.

But, I did really like the 2012 remake of Dredd.  I think that Karl Urban was the perfect choice for the role, even though you never see his face!  Seriously, if you didn't know going into this that it was him, you would go the whole film without a clue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment