Saturday, June 15, 2013

More witches and a hitcher

This was a very good week for me movie wise.
I got to rent on Shaw Video On Demand, Oz The Great and Powerful, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters.

We'll start with the wizard of oz sequel. Which is actually like the fourth movie or something like that in the not so real series. (Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz, Witches of Oz and Oz the Great and Powerful.  There might be more, this is just what I'm aware of.)
Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a fan of the original Wizard of Oz at all. So I was iffy about checking this one out. I literally went back and forth on if I really wanted to see it.  But, I sat through it, and it was better then I was expecting. I had to admit, I was disappointed that Bruce Campbell on had one short 30 second scene. He was the main reason I rented it.
This is basically how the wizard gets to Oz and becomes who he is.  Which sort of undoes the beginning of the original because in the beginning of the original, Dorothy sees the wizard when she runs away from home.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.   I've been needled by people over the years to check this out, given my love for shows like Red Dwarf and Farscape. And I have to admit, this one was cute in it's own way.  I just want to know what the whole gimmick with the towels was really about?

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters.  Okay, this I really liked. An action film that was in the same vein as Van Helsing.  I totally see there being a sequel with that one. We follow the grown up team as they take out as many witches as possible, only to find out that their mother was a head witch, and therefore Gretel herself as well.
It's an action revenge film with enough comedy to keep everyone happy.


P.S. on the vampire front...watched Lost Boys 3 Thirst

till later

No comments:

Post a Comment