Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Nosferatu Adventures S3 p26

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 85, chapter 85

Dagan scratched at his chin, as he waited for Reuben to say something. When the other werewolf simply sat down on the floor in front of the fireplace, Dagan swore as he turned and ran back out into the rain.

Meanwhile...

"Leo's not going to give you your grandmother's book back very easily." our heroine said as they sat in the darkened tomb.  The Seer shook his hand, ending the light bulb spell, having found a torch near the back of the small building. Sniffing, he cast his eyes down, refusing to look at her.

"I can do a return to me spell on it. No worries." his voice was low, filled with something that our heroine could have sworn was longing. "You know." he took a step, turning on his heels then threw himself against the wall, his shoulders rubbing against the roughness of it. "Maybe...maybe going with you is the best idea." he crossed his arms over his sculptured chest, rolling his eyes as he let his lids flutter. "I mean. You're right about me not being able to feed my sidhe side here now, and ..." he shrugged his lips turning up in a duck bill. "...my original plan was to open a portal and leave here. Now, at lest if I go with you, I will..." he cleared his throat, his voice becoming low. "...at lest I'll have a traveling companion."

"Huh. Interesting."

"What?"

Our heroine reached over brushing his hair out of his eyes. "You're not as shallow as you appear to be."

The Seer leaned over sniffing her shoulder deeply, smiling as he did, planting a quick kiss on her ear. "Think he's figured it out yet?" he growled.

"Dagan doesn't care."

"Not Dagan, Ash." he bent his face to her chest, our heroine grabbed his chin forcing him to look at her. "I tried." he let out a deep sigh, a sound escaping him that was not quite a growl not quite a grunt. Scratching at the back of his skull he turned to face the wall. "Good wall, strong well built, bumpy." he ran his palm over the wall, trying to cover up the sudden wave of embarrassment. "You're wrong you know." he turned back to face her, his blue eyes flashing the amber-grey of the wolf, his voice dropping to a gravel. "Dagan does care. You didn't see him back at the castle, in the rose garden digging you up like his life depended on it." he scratched at his eyebrow, squinting in the darkness. "Which, I guess it didn't but yours did. When you think about it, sort of poetic. I mean, not in a sexy sort of way or anything, but in an...I'm going to shut up now."

"You think Dagan digging me out of the ground sexy?"

"I didn't say that. Don't be...don't be putting words in my mouth. Okay, just don't. Not cool." he was pointing at her.

"Far be it from me to keep you from him. I mean, Ripper's got that whole tortured innocence thing working for him." she started to pick the spiderwebs from the Seer's hair that had rubbed off from the tomb wall.

"So you do have a soft spot for him?" the Seer smirked at her.

"Everyone's got a soft spot for him. So to speak. It's why none of you have really bothered to challenge him for his alpha position. You're all as far as I can tell, more then happy to bow down for him." she scratched at her right shoulder. "Some more then others if you know what I mean? Do you ever wear a shirt?"

"Not if I can help it." he replied as the magic mist then rolled around him leaving a grey t-shirt in it's wake. "You never answered my question, do you think that Ash has figured it out?"

"Figured what out?"

"Us!" he shifted his weight again so that his back was once again flat against the wall.

"Um hon, you call this an 'us'?"

He gave a short laugh. "I'm sorry!"  he locked his fingers with hers, sending a wave of relaxation through her. "I'm not able to control things as well as I could before. You know, it's getting really frustrating to think that I'm at the mercy of  the lycanthropy; when my whole life, my whole entire life, I've been the one who controls things. Controls...things!" his eyes went wide, his voice rose a few notches as he raised his free hand spreading his fingers flat.

"What do you need to get before we open the portal and leave?" she asked feeling the need to deflect the conversation. Our heroine was suddenly imagining the werewolf taking over like it has with Dagan. Imagining the Seer going into an emotional rage, wolfing out on her and the last thing she needed was another version of Dagan.

"My grandmother's spell book really. Why? In a hurry?"  our heroine nodded pulling the shawl tight as possible around her. "You're not even going to say goodbye to them?" she said nothing, just moved from him to sit on the floor of the tomb.


tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story.  Is the Seer's intentions good or will he turn on her?)

No comments:

Post a Comment