Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Nosferatu Adventures S3 p23

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 82, chapter 82

Dagan leaned over slapping the Seer on the back of the head. "Wake up."  The wolf bit him as he growled, then began to transform. "Don't start with me man."

"How about I finish with you. What do you want, and by the way that was for you braking my neck the other day." the Seer screamed.

"You were stuck after that vision, not transforming. Had to do something."  Dagan's voice was smooth, never rising.

"I repeat, what do you want?" the Seer asked as the magic mist began to wrap a pair of grey pajama bottoms on him.

"There's something up at the Fort. I was battling a few guards earlier only their blood wasn't blood it was something else, and it was like they were super strengthed. Any clue?"

The Seer shook his head as he began to fix his hair, then cleared his throat. "Doesn't sound familiar at all. What do you mean, blood wasn't blood?"

"It was like oil or something."

 "Show me."


Meanwhile...

Our heroine walked over to the sofa where Leo was sitting, once again poured over the large spell book.  Sitting down beside him, she began to read over his shoulder. "I've seen this before...it's the Seer's."

"I found it in the rubble of the lighthouse. It didn't used to be his, I'm guessing he stole it from one of the many witches he's seduced over the years." the tone in the older male's voice was sharp enough and bitter enough to slice. Our heroine patted his elbow as she shook her head.

"Actually, it is his. Or at lest he told me it was his grandmother's."

Leo shook his head, closing the large volume. "That's impossible! He lied." the male stood up clutching the spell book in his hand, his knuckles going white.  "There is no way this belonged to anyone in his family!" Leo then stomped out of the cabin, and down the main path.

"Whoa! What just happened there?" our heroine asked Ash. The tall tattooed male shrugged as he poured them each a cup of tea.

"He hasn't been talking much since, well he's been talking. Just, carrying that book around like it's the most precious thing in the world." Ash gave her a sideways glance as he took the spot on the sofa that Leo had just vacated. "Okay, what else is on your mind? I've been around you enough to know that you've got something squeaking around in that brain of yours."

"That transparent eh?" She took their tea cups and placed them on the floor then took Ash's hands in hers. "I'm worried about you. All of you. Your lives were chugging along fine till I showed up, you all pretty much keeping to yourselves, and suddenly poof you're all trying to be clan werewolf, and what happens when I leave? Will you still be one big happy furry family or will you all leave each other?"

"Wow, tall order there." the older werewolf let out a deep breath, his cheeks puffing out as he did, eyes wide. "I don't know? Can't tell you that. I'm sure after awhile, Leo will find a place or figure out what he wants, and the boys will go back to living the way they were before hand." Ash shrugged. "I mean, I'm sure Dagan will be a handful for a while. He went pretty much into the deep end when you left last time, and that was only a few days. I have no idea how this sire bond will affect him once you're gone for good. Or this new issue with him claiming you as...as..." he slid his hands from her's and ran them both through his short hair, linking them behind his neck.

"Ripper's a good actor." our heroine laughed. Ash jutted his neck out slightly turning his body more towards her.

"You think this is an act? I've known Dagan for years, I'm the reason he's a werewolf. This isn't an act. Far from it. The act is him pretending he's immune."

"I think you hon, are seeing what you want to see. And that's sweet. Being all parental over him, given he's your bloodline." she touched his elbow unable to tear her gaze away from Ash's. "Besides, when it's all said and done Dagan will always have Reuben to pick up any pieces." 
The very tattooed male shook his head in disbelief his mouth open suddenly as he tried to make some sort of noise come from it but failed.  "What? You going to tell me that you haven't seen the body language and looks going on there? I'm starting to wonder what I really walked in on when I popped into their lives?"

"Wow! That's a bold...wow! And with that, the tea is getting cold." he leaned over and picked up their tea cups again. "Reuben is right out side the cabin you know. Werewolf super ears, can hear us talking."

"Let him deny it." the sentence was barely out of her mouth when they heard Reuben stomp into the cabin like a mad elephant.

"I. Am. Not. In. Love. With. Dagan!" he punctuated ever word like it was it's own sentence as he flicked his hair out of his face, pointing at our heroine. Standing then right in front of her, Reuben was so angry his clothes were fading in and out, the magic mist like a fog around him. The werewolf growled at her suddenly pouncing on the sofa, one arm at each of her shoulders pinning her to the back of it, his knees digging into her ribs as he straddled her. His eyes flashed the amber-grey of the wolf as he let his fangs extend, a thin line of saliva forming.  "I'm not in love with him. He's been my best friend for years."

Our heroine started up at him, in complete awe of how beautiful the sight was. The protective nature Reuben had for Dagan, even if it did mean he wouldn't think twice about ripping her to shreds. "Really Roo, cause that looks like love to me."

Ash finally got a hold of Reuben by the neck and managed to pull him off of her, pushing him outside.  "You have any idea what you just did?"



Tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story once again.)


No comments:

Post a Comment