Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hell Baby

I had the chance to see the movie Hell Baby  on Demand today.  It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was good.

plot: a couple who are expecting twins, move into a haunted house in New Orleans. Soon, a strange chain of events cause them to believe the wife is possessed by the devil, and a team of priests are sent to deal with it. The priests team up with two local cops, who help them solve a murder, and a near murder all while taking in the best sandwiches in town.

This was funny. In a good way funny, not the crude over the top way that most movies have become. There was one puking scene that would class as a gross out but that was it.
I'm saying this spoof is one of the best I've seen in decades. Think Rosemary's Baby and Airplane.

I have to admit, the demon baby at the end was cliched but it worked, just the right amount of comedy and horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment