Monday, February 9, 2015

Theme Week part 2- Love

Love Wedding Marriage

plot: When a relationship therapist finds out her own parents want a divorce, she moves heaven and earth to get them back together, and damaging her own marriage in the meantime.

This is a 2011 comedy starring Mandy Moore and Kellan Lutz.

Okay...Lutz still reminds me of wrestler Brad Maddox and pretty much the only reason I bothered to watch it.
Otherwise...it had a very made for tv sensibility to it, even though it wasn't a made for tv movie. This is one of those cute films you would expect to see on a Sunday afternoon during Valentine's movie marathons. The idea was there in spades, but the film itself just felt more like it was an introduction to something bigger.
For me, and I find myself saying this a lot lately, it was too happy, too wrapped up with a nice big frilly lace bow. I would have liked more depth with the young newly weds and less with the two sisters.   James Brolin's character came across as too silly and not desperate enough for a man trying to win his wife back.

No comments:

Post a Comment