Friday, February 27, 2015

The Nosferatu Adventures s7 p16

The Nosferatu Adventures 
page 194, chapter 194

Dagan lay with his arms crossed over his chest, his knees nearly hitting his nose, as he tried to fall asleep in the cramped tub. He hadn't thought she was serious when our heroine had kicked him out of the bed, but the bitch growled at him. He had been both taken aback and proud at the same moment. The werewolf in her was continuing to become stronger all the time, and he wondered if it wouldn't be long before she could shift?
His forehead was wet. Opening one eye, the auburn haired male blinked as a drop of water hit the top of his skull rolling into his eye. Grumbling to himself, he wiped the drops away. Didn't help. The shower seemed to be dripping. Throwing his one leg over the edge of the tub, the werewolf climbed out, shuffling back into the bedroom. He was about to sneak back into the bed, but was stopped cold when he realized that Tombstone had stretched out on his side of it. Shaking his head in disbelief, he moved back into the bathroom, through the doorway to the adjoining library. Stomping back and forth he paced the room like a caged animal. Getting angrier with each step.

"What am I to you?" he asked suddenly in the doorway of the bedroom, hanging off the edge of the doorframe. He kicked the bed when she didn't answer him, causing it to shake. The hellhound jumped up moving to the corner of the room by the window. "Hey I'm having a crisis here. Wake up and talk to me." he jumped onto the bed forcing her to wake up. Leaning over the female, Dagan waited for her to acknowledge him. "What am I to you?" he shrugged the magick mist rolling off him in tendrils of anger, leaving his torso exposed. Our heroine could see he'd let his human blue eyes change to the amber-grey of the wolf; as his jaw started to be covered with the traces of fur. His left foot was twitching causing the bed to be unsteady.

"Ripper what are you getting at?" she yawned her arm over her eyes. Not because she was pretending sleep, but because she couldn't bare to look at him. His moods were unpredictable to most, but the leg twitch she'd learned was always the indication he had way too much pent up energy. Last time he was like that, he had gotten up and cleaned the entire cabin in the middle of the night.

"It's a simple question?" he shrugged again, his hands now on his thighs as he moved so that he was straddling her hip, one knee on either side of her; the leg still twitching. "And you haven't called me that in a while. What do I mean to you? Am I just the pack alpha? Am I just..." he brought his hand up to his nose rubbing his palm against it to scratch it, exposing the fact his nails were sharpened to glass points. Our heroine wondered if he was about to shift right there? She wasn't sure she could handle him wolfing out literally on top of her. Dagan continued his rant. "...the one who sired you? Am I worth anything to you?"

"What's gotten into you?"

"No...no...answer my question. Other then being the first breathing blood bank for you when you turned, what do I mean to you?"

It was her turn to shrug. "What do you want me to say? You're my friend. You're my pack alpha. You're the last man I ever expected to come into my life." she shoved him from her, sitting up feeling the need to runaway again. He was too close, too there. Too in her face, too intimate. Dagan no matter what, was just that, a larger then life personality that intimidated Nosferatu on so many levels. Moving from the bed, she started to pace around the room herself, the magick mist fading in and out, causing the slip she was wearing to grow shorter and longer with each breath. "I don't know what you want to hear from me Ripper I really don't. But when I thought you were dead, the first time I thought you were dead and I was with Reuben; I dreamed of you every night. It was like I could feel your presence all around me constantly. And I felt safe. After everything that had happened, it was the one thing I couldn't wrap my head around. How safe you made me feel. Through all the immature insults and teenaged behaviour, and trying to figure out why you kept reinforcing the sire bond...I started to feel comfortable with you." she pointed at him, tilting her head to the side scrunching up her nose.
Dagan climbed off the bed rotated his shoulders in his habit, and stalked towards her. Towering over our heroine, he stood there. Unsure what to say; all his bravo melted in the time it took him to move the half step towards her. 

"What am I to you?" he asked her again, raising up on this toes as if trying to intimidate her, then rocking back at the knees. There seemed to be a strain in his eyes then. Like he was holding back. Harker had been more then right when he had told her that Dagan wore his heart on his sleeve.

"What am I to you?" she replied. "Anything other then a quick lock for your alpha position?"  He dropped his head at hearing that. The tall male wasn't sure how to respond as he licked the corner of his mouth, sniffing deeply.  "Oh my god!" our heroine brought both hands up to her face, turning from him, the magick mist encasing her fully, replacing the little black lace slip with a plain black over sized t-shirt that fell to almost her knees. "Of course! All this time...well you had me fooled. You had us all fooled." she sniffed back a half laugh, a half cry. "You had it in your head before we ever met. When the Magic Ninjas told you to deliver me through the darkest forest, in exchange for helping Rolf free his brothers. Didn't matter who I was, what I was as along as I was female."

Dagan tilted his head to the side staring off over her shoulder. "Never lied about that part. You know that was my plan. Hell, I told you that over a year ago. That day in the woods, in the rain..."

"I know. I know. And ironically, that's when I fell in love with you." she thought back to that afternoon in the rain, when Dagan had drunkenly poured out his heart to her. Right before he claimed her as his mate the first time.

Dagan tilted backwards, his hands up over his head like a little kid as he bit his bottom lip. "That's all I wanted to know." he answered through a smile, his dimples on display.  Our heroine stammered as she stood there in disbelief.


Tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me(straight up story. What, like you didn't see that coming?)


No comments:

Post a Comment