Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Nosferatu Adventures s11 p22

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 296, chapter 296

Out of Time...

"Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something. Huh, ever think of that?" Edric crossed his arms staring down at her, his teeth grinding together. "But you've got such a thick skull..." he started to lose steam as he rolled his blue eyes towards the ceiling, just standing there pouting. He licked the corner of his mouth, shifting his stance just a little at the waist so that he was half turned from her. Our heroine didn't move, just stood there, her own arms now crossed, waiting. "What do you want me to tell you?" he shrugged leaning against the door frame as casually as possible.

"Tell me how it is that something that can't happen happened?" her own voice was soft.

"I can't!" he felt a tightness in his shoulders, his chest. Another flash of the dream danced behind his eyes. A scene from the disco of him sitting in a corner table, drinking heavily, three large wolves stalking around the room. It made him dizzy forcing him to breath deeply counting to ten.

"Why'd you come here?" she asked still not moving.  Edric chewed on the inside of his cheek shrugging again.

"I'd...I don't know?" he answered stepping away from the doorway, and into the room. "Look, I woke up in a playground a whole town over, and all I could think was that I had to be here." he spun around facing her, taking a few steps backward farther into the room, his hands out at his sides. "I woke up saw it was daylight and just ran back to town. There doesn't need to be a reason does there?"

"You turned Arthur. He's your bloodline now. There is a connection between you two, like brothers. Instant. Only, you didn't go looking for him, you came straight to where I was. The claiming barrier is in effect which should be beyond impossible because I don't have a soul to be claimed! So, once again, tell me why is it that I can grab you but I can't get near anyone else?"

"There is a glitch in the system?"  he started to laugh bringing both hands suddenly to his chest, making a drumming motion.

"This isn't funny."

"Yes it is." Edric tossed his head back and let out a howl of pure laughter. "If this is true, that means you're mine. Oh my god." he ran his hands over his face practically snorting with giddiness. "Dagan can't touch you. I win. I have no idea how I won, but I win."  he leaned in closer to her, his hands on her shoulders. "You know what else it means? It means that you lost too. You spent the entire night playing keep away only to get got in the end." he planted a rough kiss on her exaggerating the noise as he groaned. "This is priceless. Just too perfect."  She turned from him still caught in his grasp. "What?"

"You need to shave."

"Really? The universe just outsmarted you and that's all you have to say for it?" he touched his hand to his face. "Well, okay I'll grant you that."  slapping her ass he turned from her. "I'm in such a good mood now, I could kiss you for real." gesturing to the candles he bent down beside the pentacle. "What's all this for?"

"A locator spell. But, I was having a difficult time focusing." she sighed moving past him to a small sofa. Edric nodded to himself as he looked over his shoulder in the direction of the attic door. He could hear Seward in the kitchen clanking away with the coffee mugs, the smell of fresh grinds being opened filling the air. Quietly he stood back up crossing to the door, locking it. He figured they had less than five minutes before Seward came up to the attic with their drinks, and maybe two more after that before he demanded they unlock the door or found a key. The hybrid needed his sire's full attention. Sighing, he picked up one of the orange candles the still warm wax dripping on his hands. Putting it back in place, Edric sat down beside her on the sofa, playing with the bit of half melted wax between his thumb and forefinger.

"The night I turned, when you demanded I transform so you could see what colour my fur was..." he cleared his throat tossing the little ball of wax across the room. "What was that all about exactly?" he turned towards her, willing her to do the same. But she didn't. He ended up reaching for her hand locking his fingers with hers, the residue from the melted wax acting like a soft glue.

"Well, Dagan's bloodline is a redish-auburn colour, he was turned by Ash, Ash also turned Leo. Reuben is a caramel colour. He's a natural born lycanthrope, he turned The Seer. And Rolf is onyx. He's also a natural born. Being that I was sired by Dagan, and shared a soul with Rolf, it was pretty much a toss up between their bloodlines, but Reuben's family has claimed me more often. So... Why you bringing this up now?"

"I had a dream, and there were three large wolves in it. One of each of those colours. I thought maybe it might have meant something but..." he shrugged. Edric squinted up his eyes suddenly remembering something else. "When I got here, you said Ruthven tried to hug you. Why was he trying to hug you?"

"Enough share time there are spells to do." she tried to stand up but Edric grabbed her pulling her back down beside him. His blue eyes went wide, his mouth falling slack.

"Ruthven? Ruthven?" he shook his head in disbelief. "Ruthven? I've been throwing myself at you hips first and you're telling me..." he swore under his breath. "You keep telling me how hot I am, and you dis me for...why?"

"I can't have a just friends clause?" our heroine tilted her head towards him, her thumb roaming in circles over his, causing the male to release her hand he'd still been holding.

"Sure, if this was a normal situation and you weren't a mythical supernatural being who might very possibly turn into a full blown goddess." he let his hand slap his thigh feeling suddenly both very territorial and useless. "But it's not." he was too aware of the fact her fingers had left little imprints in the remaining wax, like a second layer of skin on his knuckles. Edric scratched the wax skin off.

"Right, cause if this was a normal situation, you and I wouldn't be here right now like this." she stated flatly.

"Why not?" the hybrid's ears twitched as he caught the sound of Seward's phone ringing downstairs. He figured that gave them at lest an extra two minutes. "You've got one argument against us, and logically speaking, it's crap."

"And it logically, no longer applies. Your only leverage was the sire bond. That's gone." she said getting up from the sofa moving back to re-light the candles. Grumbling, Edric shook his head, shifting closer to her, his arms dangling over his knees before standing up. He crossed to the attic door unlocking it, his one hand on the doorknob.

"That will work better if you add some periwinkle, mistletoe and thyme to the points."  our heroine looked at him in surprise. "My grandmother's best friend was a root worker."

"You never said you knew anything about hoodoo before?"

"You never bothered to take the time to get to know me." he shrugged as he walked down to the second floor landing. Sighing, Edric ducked into the bathroom closing the door half way. Leaning on the edge of the sink, the hybrid sniffed deeply, running his hands over everything without thinking about the fact, before shaking out his hand. His nails grew to sharp claws, as he began rummaged through the Van Helsing's cupboard finding the shaving cream.


Tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me(straight up story. When have you ever known a man to shave because you asked? Right, me neither)

No comments:

Post a Comment