Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 280

movie: Iron Man
starring: Robert Downey Jr, Jeff Bridges
genre: Sci-fi
year: 2008
format: TV EDIT

plot: A wealthy man who makes weapons, is kidnapped and forced to create a weapon. He's injured while there, and in turn creates for himself a small nuclear pace maker.  He then makes a suite of armor and fights his way out.  Only his design is copied by the man who kidnapped him.

this is based on the comic series.

I loved part 2 when I saw it few weeks back, and was looking forward to seeing how the series started.  I found this one to be a bit on the dragging side. 
I don't know if that was because it was a tv edit or if the first half was just a bit muddled?  This film was a good 40 minutes into it before it started to pick up and become what I was half way expecting.

There is something about the way Robert Downey Jr manages to deliver his lines in a quick witted sarcastic way with that sparkle and stare, that makes you believe he could play every movie lead on the planet. His timing is bang on in every scene.

what do I think I learned from this film?
Trust no one.  Never let a disability get the better of you if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment