Sunday, November 10, 2013

Top 5 Fav books to film

It's a Sunday morning, easy breezy right...right.  And since I'm really behind this week with the next few installments of the Nosferatu Adventures, thought I would take a moment and just write up a quick post.
And clearly, we haven't had a top five in a while.  So, here is my Top 5 Fav Books to Film list...currently.  Topic that could always change... in fact, I think I might have covered this before in the first original year of the blog?


1. Dracula.

2. Bridget Jones's Diary.

3.Interview with the Vampire

4. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

5. Frankenstein.


So, of course there is the classics.  Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and Bram Stoker's Dracula.   Even with all the versions of the stories, they still ring true. There will always be something hypnotic and frightening about those stories.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas,  for me was a strange time capsule of coolness. 

Interview with the Vampire.   Not my favourite Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles to read, but of the movies to date, the far superior one.

Bridget Jones's Diary.   Book, v.g. Movie, v.g. Sequels, good and 2. Inspiration from the style of writing, exceptional. All in all, brilliant works by a woman who knows how minds of modern women work. Calories burned while writing the last few sentences, 1.

And I can't lie, I'm reading the third part of the Bridget Jones series "Bridget Jones Mad About The Boy"  right now.  I can't wait for the third film. 

till later


No comments:

Post a Comment