Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 145

Movie: The Man in the Iron Mask
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jeremy Irons,
Genre: Action, Drama,
Year: 1998
Format: TV EDIT

Plot: The Musketeers have been pulled back into action in order to save France once again, this time from their own king.  They know about the king's twin brother who's been held prisoner for the last 6 years, and begin getting him ready for the throne.

This is based on the novel.

Not a lot to say about this, other then beautiful costumes, some nice sword fights- I'm a sucker for a movie with sword fights- and a killer performance by Jeremy Irons.
I know everyone seems to go ga-ga for DiCaprio, and I have to hand him the credit of being able to pull off two very different characters just with a look in his eyes, but it seemed to me that the spine of the film was held up by Irons.

What do I think I learned from this film?
You're past will always come back to haunt you, and sometimes it really is the devil you don't know vs the devil you do know.

No comments:

Post a Comment