Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Nosferatu Adventures S5 p18

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 149, chapter 149

"Ugh!" Dagan stuck his tongue out making a face. "I got it in my mouth." he brushed his hand at his tongue rapidly but it was no use.

"I told you not to stand too close to the midwife." Rolf said laughing at his buddy. "Should have listened to me." he shook his head grabbing an apple off the table crunching into it.

"I've been slimmed." the auburn haired male said as he let the magic mist dissolve his shirt. Stalking towards the filing cabinet, he grabbed the large file tossing it on the table. "I'm so tired of all this..."

"Death?" Reuben commented as he walked out of the bathroom slicking his hair back in his trademark too smooth to be human ponytail.

"Actually I was going to say birth." Dagan closed his eyes tilting his head to the side, hands now linked behind his neck. "Death I can handle. Maiming, blood, guts, goopy stuff coming out of all ends as they take their last breath, but this..." he flicked his leg, tossing a sticky wet knee at his friend. "...this is just down right gross. And the screaming! I thought that pain in our ass mate of mine was loud. I think that last woman actually punctured my ear drum. Eighteen hours of labor. No wonder no one is ever ready to die, it's the fact they are about to be reborn that scares the crap out of them."

Reuben tossed another file onto the table, sitting down twirling a pen. "Lest you've had the human births to deal with. I've been stuck with the ever so joyful job of demoting souls when they transfer from one life to the other. And what sucks is knowing in the case file ahead of time that someone is going to be coming back as a frog or worm; and not being able to tell them." he scratched at his jaw then, letting out a deep breath.

Rolf tossed the apple core away, leaning on the kitchen sink. "I know I haven't told you two much how much I really appreciate you doing this." the werewolf sniffed as he pushed his hair out of his face. "This was my mess and you two didn't have to do any of this."

Reuben nodded as he tossed his arms over the back of the chair, rocking on the back legs of it. "I can't say I'm happy about it but we're still family." he opened the file filling in his notes on the soul's transition.   The larger male grunted as he started to pour himself a cup of coffee. Just then all three of the males sat up just a little straighter as the air bristled around them.  Suddenly, the large image of the life tree with all it's millions of tiny soul lights, began to flicker rapidly and went out. The werewolves found themselves in complete darkness.

"Oh that's not good." Dagan's voice mumbled in the darkness. As if on cue, a red light bulb started to spin as a siren blasted out an alarm. "Really really not good."


Tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story.  I was totally thinking of that scene in Ghostbusters about an hour ago, and just wanted a reason to have Dagan get slimmed)

No comments:

Post a Comment