Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Theme Week -Sandler's Drac Pack

Pixels

plot: Aliens viewing video games in the 1980's via a time capsule, believe that humans have intentions of starting an interplanetary war, and attack as giant versions of the games. Lucky for the president of the U.S. he and his best friends are former video game champions. They figure out a way to make a weapon that shoots electronic pulses in order to kill the attackers. But, when one of the heroes is caught cheating, all bets are off.

This is the 2015 comedy starring Adam Sandler and Kevin James. Based on the French film of the same name.

First big cheer because I was actually able to get to the cinema. Yay me!  This film was surprisingly fit for the family.  So bonus points for that.
There is no doubt about it, it was targeted for my age group; ya know those of us who actually grew up in the 80's.

I did find it dragged in a few places, as I was expecting it to be more of an action geared story, but it seemed to take it's notes not just from the pop culture of the 80's but the pacing styles and story telling of movies from the 80's as well. Refreshing in a way too.
Is it wrong for me to say that what this movie did more than anything was make me all that much more interested in seeing the reboot of Ghostbusters?  Cause it did.

Okay, remember I said the other week I was struggling with finding a theme for this month, well it sort of hit me like a slap to the face; given later this month Hotel Transylvania 2 comes out. Adam Sandler does the voice of Dracula in both Hotel Transylvania movies and Kevin James does the voice of Frankenstein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment