Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 156

Movie: 54
Starring: Ryan Phillippe, Selma Hayek
Genre: Drama, Music,
Year: 1998
Format: DVD

Plot: In 1979, a young man decides he wants to be part of the scene at Studio 54, and does whatever it takes to land a job there.  Soon, he's the center of the party and learns that not everything that glitters is real.

This is another of those movies that had a lot of hype and I didn't see it live up to half of it.
I also realize, that it was a semi-fictional version of what really happened back in then.  I just don't understand why they couldn't have followed one real situation for this and made it more of a biopic?

You want to like the lead character, but I found him to just be too unlikeable. 

What do I think I learned from this film?
Nobody rides for free

No comments:

Post a Comment