Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 361

movie:Wimbledon
starring:Paul Bettany, Kristen Dunst
genre: Drama, Romance, Sports
year: 2004
format: online

plot: A tennis pro who is in his 30's decides to do one last championship game, and ends up falling in love with a female player

I don't think I've ever watched tennis in  my life before, nor have I ever seen a movie about tennis before.  I found it more interesting then baseball.

This is a movie about refinding yourself. Like many of the starting over after a heartbreak movies, the lead character is faced with the reality of his choices. I did like the fact that this was about a man experiencing the heartbreak and lack of direction.  Normally these films are geared to women. 
Bettany has a way of making everything he plays seem real, even when he's an arch angel on the war path (Legion)

what do i think i learned from this film?
You never know what you have left in you till you try. Love and passion are like a comet, appearing  out of nowhere and strikes you just when you lest expect it. Cold and hot at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment