Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 355

movie: Pitch Perfect
starring: Anna Kendrick, Skylar Astin
genre: Music
year: 2012
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: A college dj is talked into joining an A cappella group, and finds herself at the national finals.

This is based on the non fiction book.

Basically, this is a vocal version of popular dance off movies. And I have to say, it was better then I was expecting.  This managed to mix romantic comedy along with the music, which I wasn't sure would blend well enough to keep the flow of it going, but it did.

There was an unintentional joke - lest I think it was unintentional- with the line about the lead Beca becoming a Bella. As the musical group is called the Barden Bellas, and the lead actor Anna Kendrick played the best friend in the first 4 Twilight movies.

I have to say, as cute as this film was, I'm not too sure I'd be able to sit through more then one more like this.  I can see this becoming a new sub-genre, which would turn me off completely from the whole thing.

what do i think i learned from this film?
I had no idea that there were real competitions of this, that there were serious communities and groups that did A cappella competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment