Monday, May 4, 2015

Theme Week part 4- Corey Feldman

Voodoo

plot: After moving to a new university, Andy finds himself without a place to live, and pledges a fraternity. Soon, he finds himself in the middle of a voudon (voodoo) cult, and on the list to be turned into a living zombie in order to be sacrificed. With the help of a strange old man who tells him he's got 24 hours to stop Marsh, the voodoo priest, Andy begins the fight for his life.

This is a 1994/95 horror thriller starring Corey Feldman and Jack Nance.

I could sit here for ten minutes alone just listing off the ways to spell voodoo which could be argued as having more plot then the plot of the movie.

Actually, this is one of my personal favourite Feldman films, not too mention witchcraft movies, even if the plot could have used a bit more filling.  A couple of years after this movie, a whole genre of fraternities-that-were-secretly-warlocks movies seemed to sprout up, but this was the best in my books.

Every time I watch this movie, I get caught up in the "witchy cabinet" that the character of Marsh the voodoo priest has. I want one of those! Some of the toys in that hoodoo hutch just makes me wish I lived closer to real occult shops...but I digress.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen in this film, is a bit more back story to the characters. How long have they been zombies? How long has the priest been traveling around looking for his sacrifices? What got him started?

No comments:

Post a Comment