Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 36

Movie: She's the One
Starring: Edward Burns, Cameron Diaz
Genre:Drama, Comedy, Romantic
Year: 1996
Format: DVD


Plot:Two brothers find themselves at odds with each other. One is married but having an affair with the ex-girlfriend of the other; while the second brother has impulsively gone and gotten married to a stranger.

Not your typical comedy, in fact, it shouldn't even be considered a comedy but a straight up drama.

The storyline is fairly simple, two brothers who compete with each other all the time over everything finally end up coming head to head over the same woman, never minding that both men are married to other women.
The subject of cheating is the main theme here.  How lies can turn into a reality of their own.

I found myself checking the clock more then I thought I would, tempted at times to hit the fast forward button, but that's more to do with the fact I am just not a fan of Edward Burns at all.

What do I think I learned from this film?
When you cheat be prepared for karma to kick you in the arse hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment