Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 41

Movie: Twilight
Starring: Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance
Year:2008
Format: DVD


Plot: A teenaged girl moves to a new city after her mom remarries and ends up falling in love with a vampire. Soon she finds herself in the middle of a vampire grudge match

The first of the Twilight Saga movies and based on the book of the same name.

I've read the book, seen the film and as much as I hate it; I find myself drawn to it.  Must be the vampire equivalent of flogging for your sins...
I will never understand what the appeal of a possessive boyfriend who borders on abusive like Edward or for that matter Jacob, has for young girls?
But it did breathe new life into the vampire genre. 

What do I think I learned from this film?
Love is complicated, it's confusing, and sometimes down right dangerous.  There are times when it's hard to tell when it's real and when it's just Lust. And why is it that no matter what age you are, no matter how smart you can be; you can still fall for the bad boy even when you know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment