Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 214

Movie: Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan
starring: William Shatner, Ricardo Montalban
genre: Scif-Fi, Action, Drama,
year: 1982
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: The crew of the Reliant are taken captive by an old enemy of Capt. Kirk's, and brainwashed into helping Khan start to get some revenge.  The Enterprise, which was on a training mission is the only star fleet ship in the area and therefore, the only ones who can help.  Soon it's a face off between Khan and Kirk in a battle of wills.

30 year anniversary of the film. 

I have to say, growing up I had seen bits and pieces of all the ST films, but it wasn't until I was in my late 20's before I actually sat down and watched a ST film all the way through.  I've been semi-addicted ever since. (ST X-Nemesis was what really got my attention)

I know there have been countless studies and reviews and journalistic reports, as well as millions of fan literature on the subject of Star Trek, so my break down of this would be nearly pointless at this juncture.
But, with that said, I wanted to there is a feeling of tribute to this film. This to me could easily of been a stageplay by Shakespeare, it had all the elements. What all great movies should live up to.

What did I think I learned from this film?
Revenge is a personal thing. Sometimes it serves a purpose, sometimes not so much. We all have to live up to our dreams and our regrets or else we will never be able to live with ourselves. 
There is a natural cycle to everything it's just how we choose to accept it that defines if it is a positive or negative ripple into the rest of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment