Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dancing Teens

Yay, another movie day at mom's.  TV can be a good thing at times.  I stumbled upon the movies 13 Going on 30  and Center Stage Turn It Up

13 Going on 30... 1987 and Jenna just wants to grow up because life sucks. She makes a wish on the 13th birthday to be like the women she sees in her favourite magazine. She wakes up the next morning, in 2004 and not only is she a grown up, she's the lead reporter for the magazine. Only, she can't remember a thing about the last 14 years. Tracking down her best friend from high school, Matt, she learns a lot about herself and the person she has become. Only it's not the person she wants to be.

I've seen this movie a few times. To be honest, I can not remember if I've mentioned it on the blog before or not?  If I have, forgive me. What I got out of it was that you really have to be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.


Center Stage 2Turn It Up... Kate has dreamed of nothing but being a dancer, and sets out to audition for the top ballet school. Only, is turned away. Unable to admit to her family she's failed, she gets a job waiting tables at a new bar. While blowing off steam on the dance floor, she's noticed by Tommy, a fellow student. The two quickly team up, with him helping her improve her classical dance skills, and her helping him improve his street-wise dance skills. Meanwhile, her rival and Tommy's actual studio dance partner, Suzanne, is doing everything she can to make sure her and Tommy land a broadway show.

This was a made-for tv movie, and it feels it. The dancing is excellent, but not original at all. The whole time, I kept trying to remember where I've seen the lead actor, and it wasn't until the credits rolled at the end that I realized he had played in the remake of Footloose.


No comments:

Post a Comment