Monday, March 24, 2014

Nosferatu's Lunchbox 2

So this is the series of posts where I give a character from my serial/soap opera that I'm writing on here, a signature dish/drink.

Tonight, I thought I would give Harker his spotlight.

Harker was written as a twist that I hope no one saw coming.  He's a pirate so it would be most natural to give him a seafood themed signature dish.

I think, for a drink, the classic Cesar   which is made with celery salt, 1 and 1/4 oz Vodka, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, salt and pepper, 3 oz clamato juice, celery stalk

Or you can go with the Bloody Cesar which is done as above but with the addition of  hot sauce and 1 and a half oz of lemon juice.

And for the dish, I'm thinking something simple, like cod cakes.

Ingredients: cod, potatoes, salt, pepper, flour, onion.
Chop the onion
boil the potatoes,
boil the cod, then mix the three together
mix in the salt and pepper, and enough flour to hold it all together
shape into patties and fry (butter or oil your choice)  till crisp on each side.

Simple.

These are recipes family members love, but I personally don't eat/drink (I have never cared for seafood, nor do I drink clamato juice or eat anything with worcestershire sauce because of the anchovy paste in it) But, I thought they fit the character nicely so I'm adding them to the blog.

Tune in later for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me, and more from the lunchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment