Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Year 3 Day 73

movie: The Wolverine
starring: Hugh Jackman, Famke Janssen
genre: Action
year; 2013
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: A young psychic tracks down Wolverine and convinces him to go to Japan in order to see her adopted grandfather, someone Wolverine had helped decades before. The grandfather dies while he's there, and soon he learns that the family are fighting over the fortune. He goes on the run with the other granddaughter, until he is attacked by another mutant who has the ability to drain him of his immortality. Before long, Wolverine finds himself in the battle of his life.

Okay, so this is the next chapter in the X-Men/Wolverine series. (2nd in the Wolverine chapters, and I think 6 in the X-Men)

Where as the first Wolverine film was a straight up superhero movie, this was more of a martial arts film.  I can't say I didn't like it cause I did, but I don't think it was a good as the first one. 
For me, there could have been more of him having to deal with his issues, as it just felt like everything was glossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment