Sunday, March 30, 2014

Year 3 Day 79

movie: Ring Two
starring: Naomi Watts, Simon Baker
genre: Thriller, Horror,
year: 2005
format: TV edit

plot: Nearly a year after a young woman and her son had dealt with a ghostly encounter, they find themselves in the middle of another killing spree by the same ghost. This time, the ghost has decided to possess the young boy. The two find themselves on the trail of what really happened to the girl, in order to free her from her state of limbo, thus ending the power she has over the young boy.

Okay, yeah. I remember seeing the first one back when it first came out, and didn't really care for it. I have to be honest, if it wasn't for the fact it was on tv for free, I wouldn't have bothered with this one.

But, with that said, I found part two to be more like a crime drama then out right horror. It had a decent pace, the story made more sense then I was expecting it to, and reminded me a lot of the Nightmare on Elm Street films.
Yes, I liked part two much more then what I remember part one having been like.

Too bad this doesn't work as a stand alone film. If you haven't seen the first one, you will get confused easily.  Even I have no clue what the deers represented? 
But I like the fact the electricity and water, as well as cameras, were major elements in this film. As all are said to be conductors to the spirit world.

No comments:

Post a Comment