Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Nosferatu Adventures S4 p23

The Nosferatu Adventures 
page 125, chapter 125

Loki and Bacchus were sitting in one of the rooms in the hall of doors, a large table in front of them covered with trays of food, watching everything unfold in a mirrored window.

"Did we put her with the right wolf?" Loki asked scratching the back of his skull.

"She needs to be the mate of the alpha. Her powers are useless otherwise. I just don't understand why she isn't more advanced? It's been a year." Bacchus remarked, his hands linked behind his neck.

"I know, but...she's so much happier with this one." Loki gestured towards the image playing out before them.

"The half breed? Sidhes can't love. They are designed to seduce, to take. Not give anything in return."

"He's only part sidhe. Witches can love, werewolves can love. You forget that." Loki turned to look at his buddy, letting out a deep sigh, his brown eyes closed.

"No, no. It's fine. Besides, I've bent way too many rules as it is just to have her bound to Dagan. In the mean time, Reuben..."  his sentence was cut short by the appearance of Artemis. The woman stood between them and the mirror.

"They took my amazons." She crossed her arms, her long braid tangling around her shoulder. The warrior goddess was dressed in red leather from head to toe, her eyes filled with hate.

"Lovely to see you too. No, wait it's not." Loki said sitting down, pouring himself a glass of wine. "Can I offer you anything? Wine, mead, banana, sausage?" he winked.

"Maybe you didn't hear me. Those men took my amazons." her voice rose as she stomped her foot.

Bacchus rolled his eyes letting out an exasperated sigh. "Yes cousin, I heard. Maybe if you spoke in full sentences or a paragraph or two, I'd understand better who 'they' are and why you're coming to me about it?"

"The guards at the Fort where the Necromancer has taken up residence. Since the ban on wives has been lifted, four of my tribes have been kidnapped and taken there. God only knows what those filthy creatures are doing to them."

"What the hell do you want me to do about it?" his strong fingers were then at his forehead, trying to hold back a headache he'd gotten since the arrival of the goddess. Bacchus's energy patterns always conflicted with Artemis's.

"He's your creation. Your pet."

Bacchus shook his head, sipping from a wine glass. "He switched sides. The Necromancer has been a devotee of Ares for years now. I have no control or influence over him. Therefore, not my concern."

"If you're not going to help, then replace my tribes with your bacchae." it was not a request as much as a threat.

"Here we go again." Loki mumbled as he put his feet up on the table.

"Don't be foolish! My bacchae are some of the most powerful female vampires, sidhe and witches around. It's taken generations to gather the few I have. What makes you think I'd hand any of them over to you?"  Artemis stomped her foot, advancing a half step then stopped.  "Your powers are useless on us, in this place. You know that as well as we do so don't bother with your little light show."

"My tribes are depleted as it is."

"Gee, I wonder why?" Loki mumbled as he stretched.

Bacchus raised a hand to silence her. "Then look at it as a blessing. They took them for wives, those who survive will expand the species, and in a few months, a year or two, you have a new generation of amazons to rule over. Everybody wins."

"and those who don't survive you collect and turn into more vampires. Is that it?"

"The thought did cross my mind." Bacchus smirked.

"Have you tried the sausage? Melts in your mouth." Loki remarked, stabbing a piece with a knife.

"You want to play it this way? Fine! I'll lead a slaughter in that kingdom." she pointed at Loki.

"Be my guest." he said, twirling the knife with his left hand, the sausage dancing in the air. "I've already sacrificed hundreds of my shapeshifters, hundreds of my timber wolves, for the cause. You don't see me throwing a temper tantrum. Hundreds. I've lost more of my pets, my favourites, in one generation then you could even imagine. Go home. Go back to your temple and let your tribes of virgins prove they are worth saving. Your almighty warriors, spouting their girl power. If they're worth anything, they'll get themselves out of this. Like Bach here said, this mating ritual helps all of us."  She disappeared in a cloud of black smoke. "Maybe I should have offered her the fish?"

"You're crude." Bacchus said unable to hide the smile.

"You love me."


Tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story.  MMMMM, blood-sausage...)

No comments:

Post a Comment