Monday, February 10, 2014

The Nosferatu Adventures S4 p16

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 118, chapter 118

The Seer sat by the bonfire, a large duck rotating on the spit. "Okay so Dagan died, breaking the line of command with the pack, and you are no longer his mate. Then Reuben claimed you as his mate during a full moon ritual." he scratched the back of his skull. "So explain to me, how none of that was felt? All of that should have been sensed by the rest of the pack. Speaking of...what happened to Rolf?"

Our heroine shrugged, closing her hazel eyes saying she didn't know. "All I know is that few nights ago instead of Reuben ripping my throat out he got weird. He cornered me in one of those endless hallways and was just mumbling over and over again that it was time. He was more then half shifted, like the stub of a wolf's tale and ears shifted, and then..." she covered her face blushing. "His eyes were like staring into the depths of nothing, just empty. Dead." she rubbed her abdomen. "Good thing, during one of his rampages he dug out Loki's experiment."  The Seer let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding as he turned to look at her. The female moved closer to him kissing him.

"No.No!" he broke the kiss pushing her from him. "He will kill me! And I happen to like being alive. Like all my parts where they are suppose to be. Very attached to them."

As if on cue, Reuben appeared from behind a row of trees, his shirt missing, the upper half of his body covered in blood and feathers, leaves and dirt clumped in his long dark hair, and what looked like four large rabbits in hand. He was breathing heavy, his face glazed with sweat as he sat down beside them, tossing the dead creatures at the female.

"Make yourself useful and clean those. We've got work to do. We need to find our way back home..." he tilted his head to the side, closing his eyes for a second. "and you need to do a locator spell. Find Rolf. Dead or alive, he's coming home with us. Even if...even...if it's only for a burial."

Other then Nosferatu suddenly seeming to see better in the darkness, she had lost all traces of ever having been a shapeshifter. The female was once again nothing more then a banshee flavoured vampire. Back to all her vampire problems of not being able to eat or touch garlic, not being able to be around roses, not being able to cross running water. She'd also lost the werewolf ability to magic mist clothes. Without being the mother of Loki's baby, she was just another blood sucker.
But what hurt Reuben the most was seeing her hair. The female's natural auburn was back, the lack of the grey streaks a constant reminder she was no longer Dagan's mate, a constant reminder that he was dead. The werewolf's heart broke whenever he let himself think of it.

"Hey!" he turned again to the Seer. "Can you use your witchy telepaticness to talk to Ash and Leo?"

"Actually it's my sidhe telepathicness, and I can but I really need to feed first."

"I don't know how I missed it before?" our heroine said.

"What?" both males asked in unison.

"How frustrating it must have been having to let someone else have control of the pack. Clearly you're designed for it."

Reuben crouched in front of her, fixing his hair into his trademark too smooth to be human ponytail. "You don't know the half of it." he raised his eyebrow shaking his head, as he leaned in suddenly, one knee and arm beside her, the other knee pressing against her chest. He actually forced her to lean back on her elbows in the dirt. "Ash doesn't even know the whole story. But I'm done taking a backseat to everyone else." he twisted his knee for emphasis leaving a bruise near our heroine's boob.

"So you're saying you're more then just a ton of fur and hair?"

"Hey!" he practically straddled her, his weight crashing down on her stomach, his knees pinning her in place as he leaned over nose to nose with her. "You will respect me. You got that! I wasn't kidding earlier when I said I'll do anything I have to, to protect the rest of the pack. When I said we are no longer friends. I'm not letting anymore of my family, my pack, get hurt because of you. Even if it means having to live the rest of my very long immortal existence as your mate just to keep an eye on you."

"Then why didn't you just kill me?"

"He can't." the Seer said as he stood brushing off his clothes. "Otherwise he wouldn't have resorted to claiming you." he tapped his temple, a smirk on his face. "You can't hide everything from me for long. He can't kill you, not completely. Loki won't allow it." he shrugged as he gathered a few more pieces of firewood. "You're werewolf proof as far as being killed-killed goes. None of us can deliver that final blow."

Our heroine turned from both of them staring at the sky. "So, Loki still has plans for me." she flopped back on the ground "Groovy."


tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story.  Hello, big bad werewolves)

No comments:

Post a Comment