Saturday, August 16, 2014

year 3 Day 100

movie: What to expect when you're expecting
starring: Jennifer Lopez, Chris Rock
genre: Comedy
year: 2012
format: Netflix Canada

plot: Follows a group of soon to be parents over the course of the nine months they are pregnant.

Based on the self help book

Oh my god, why did I sit through this?  Seriously, I found it boring, and at times gross. (I have a problem with pregnant women hence the gross. Tokophobia is the fear of childbirth/pregnancy)

The Chris Rock stuff was good, he nailed his character, but the rest was just a bit lacking in depth. I think there were too many couples, which made it difficult to care about any of them. Their stories criss crossed but never gathered any real steam. Not too mention, I found it a bit creepy and too convenient that eight couples who all knew each other were all having babies at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment