Sunday, August 10, 2014

Year 3 Day 95

movie: Bridesmaids
starring: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig
genre: Comedy
year: 2011
format: Netflix Canada

plot: After being life long best friends, a woman is asked to be the maid of honor at her friend's wedding, but finds it ruins her life.

I didn't like it.
Everyone and their dog's grandmother was telling me how funny this movie was, and how I just had to see it. I found it difficult to sit through, and actually turned it off at one point, but turned it back on because I hate not finishing a movie.
It just seemed the gags were stuff we've seen before, the whole sub-plot of the loosing the best friend to someone new has been done a million times over, usually with teenagers, and seriously how many more wedding themed movies can there really be?

It just felt like high school with better clothes.

I fully expected the end to have the two competing bridesmaids to open a party planning bakery together or something; actually surprised they ended the film without an element like that.

What can I say, just didn't care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment