Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Year 3 Day 98

movie: That's My Boy
starring: Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg
genre:Comedy
year: 2012
format: Netflix Canada

plot: In 1984, a thirteen year old has an affair with is teacher and end up having a kid. Thirty years later, broke and about to be thrown in jail for not paying taxes, Donny finds his estranged son, who's doing well for himself. Hearing about the boy's soon to be wedding, he manages to get a talk show host to agree to a reunion show with the three of them. Along the way, more secrets are uncovered as Donny and his son find common ground.

So, I find myself have sat through another Adam Sandler movie. I keep saying how I'm not much of a fan of his and somehow, I end up finding myself sitting through his movies. I question my own sanity in moments like this.

With that said, it wasn't bad. I like the addition of Vanilla Ice as a version of himself, and the story itself was at times funny and well written. Also liked that they cast Susan Sarandon and her daughter to play the present and past versions of the teacher.

Beyond that, there isn't much to say about this movie. It relies heavily on it's 1980's references and is filled once again with SNL cast members.


No comments:

Post a Comment