Saturday, August 24, 2013

coffee talk summer


new photo. Used webcam with one of those cute frame functions. It's not great but it's new.

I was really hoping to have made it to the cinema this weekend. But that just doesn't look like it's going to happen before Tuesday.  There are about five films at our local cinema this week that I'm hoping to catch. The fact nothing seems to stay here for more then a week, means even if I make a day of it, I still might only catch two of them.

One of those, is the Simon Pegg film  The Word's End.  Supposed to be the third in the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. The others in the series being Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Both killer funny films.

The other movie I want to catch this week is  The Mortal Instruments City of Bones.   Which, I have been trying to read the book first.  That's just been like mud.  I have to say, I've gotten to chapter 6. It just hasn't grabbed me, but the trailers for the film looks so wicked that I still want to see this movie. I'm hoping that I'll either get the book read before Monday or once I see the film, have a better desire for the book. Specially given I've been reading that the other novels in the series have gone already into production for movies. I've had more then a few fans of the series to tell me to hang in on the book as the series gets better with middle of book two.
I take that as a good sign, when a die-hard fan admits that the whole series isn't gold, but that there are sections that are. Honest thoughts, not just crazy fans (cough Twilight cough)

Okay, if you are in the Thunder Bay area, and want to see either The Worlds End or City of Bones with me, and get the movie club a last minute summer push, leave a comment before tomorrow night -Sunday 11pm EST- and we'll figure it out from there.

till later


No comments:

Post a Comment