Sunday, January 19, 2014

Year 3 Day 42

movie: My Best Friend's Girl
starring: Dane Cook, Kate Hudson
genre: Comedy, Romantic
year: 2008
format: TV edit

plot: After being dumped by his girlfriend, a guy hires his buddy Tank to take the ex on a date from hell in hopes she'll realize she made a mistake. Only, they end up being perfect for each other, and Tank has to deal with hiding it from his buddy and his own true feelings.

This is like the best and worst of any romantic comedy in the last thirty years. Kate Hudson is the hands down queen of the romantic comedy since Meg Ryan, and a lot of the stuff she brings to the table in this film she's done before in other movies. It's almost like the reverse of her  2003 film How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
I would love to say there is a twist ending, but sadly there isn't. This film plays out just as you expect, but with a lot more crudity then the average romantic comedy.
There were a few moments where I laughed out loud, but this isn't something I would sit through again. 

What did I learn?  I've dated way too many Tanks in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment