Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Nosferatu Adventures S4 p11

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 113, chapter 113

"He's dead because of you!" Reuben spat the word, blood and saliva flying everywhere, as he raked his hands through his hair. Then he actually spat on her before he leaned over slamming both fists into the stone wall over her head. "He trusted you! We trusted you and you're the reason Dagan's dead! Because you..." he slammed his right fist into the wall again, the sound of bones shattering echoing in both their ears. He pulled his arm away howling in pain, shaking out his fingers. The werewolf moved from her in a blur, before turning back to her, grabbing her by the shoulder dragging her to her feet. "Come here! Why? Huh? Why was Ares there on that ship? Huh? What is so damned important about you?" the werewolf shook the female tossing her across the room, letting out a roar of frustration as he did. Stomping madly to where she was, he grabbed her by the back of her hair dragging her out of the room, no clue where he was going. "He's dead! Dagan is dead because of you! If Ares hadn't been looking for you, Dagan would never have gotten in the way. He'd still be alive! We're getting out of this hell, and when we do, I'm killing you! I'm going to eat your heart then your liver, and then, what's left I'm going to smash into dust!" he threw the female into the right side wall just to hear her bones crack, then drove his elbow into her now healed throat.

She choked, gasping for air as blood poured from the vampire's pale lips. "Dagan's dead?"  She felt her knees go weak at the information. That explained why her heart chakra was over active. Their sire bond was broken. She let a strained sound escape her lips. "No wonder you don't ever want to see me again. You just lost the love of your life..."

"Shut up!" he cracked her in the face with his elbow. Stopping he swore as they had reached a dead end. Turning around the werewolf threw her hard into the corner. Our heroine now was covered in blood, the white dress stained with rapidly drying crimson pools.

"Why wont' you just admit that you loved him?" she pointed at the tall male, spitting a mouthful of blood onto the floor, twice. "It's obvious to everyone Roo."

"What the hell do you know about love?" he moved towards her, blocking her from escaping. He was breathing heavily now, more out of anger then need. The magic mist rolling off him like smoke as his clothes began to disappear then reappear. "We were fine till he claimed you!"

"You were the one who wanted that Reuben. You were the one cheerleading us together every chance you got. Telling me that I belonged to Dagan because of the sire bond, telling us to work out our issues because according to you we flirted just a bit too much. What do I know about love? Nothing." she shrugged smirking. "Nothing but the way you looked at Dagan, the way you always found some reason to touch him, to stand as close to him as you could. You talk about how loyalty and honor and honesty are what make werewolves what they are. So try being honest right now, to me, to yourself. Show some loyalty to your dead love, right now Roo. Honor him by finally telling me what I already know, that you're afraid to say out loud, to yourself!"

"Fine!" he growled, his eyes filled with hate as the amber-grey of the wolf glowed bright. "Yes, okay I loved him. That what you want to hear? You win Nos." he held both arms out to his sides, rocking side to side shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "From the first day. And now he's gone because of you. Because he got in the way when Ares showed up to get you. He's dead, you're still here, and I'm left without him." Reuben leaned over her, stealing more air as he pinned her shoulders to the wall, his rage threatening to knock them both over. "I gave him to you! I gave him to you and you didn't even say thank you! You didn't see what was right in front of your nose. Instead, you ran away like a child. You want me to admit I loved him. I admit it. I loved Dagan." he pounded his fist into the wall once more. "And his loyalty, his honor, his instincts to protect you, got him killed. Protect you." he pointed at her, digging his glass like nail into her cheek drawing more blood. "You, who didn't see it for what it was. Didn't want to understand what a gift I'd sacrificed." the werewolf snarled as he finally moved away from her. "I admit it with every fiber of my being. I loved him. I will always love him!" he growled as he turned and disappeared into the darkness of the hallway at werewolf speed. 


tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story.  Oh yeah, I went there)

No comments:

Post a Comment