Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Food n Flix Announcement

Now, it's official. I'm hosting this month's Food n Flix selection, The Jane Austen Book Club. I know, I've mentioned it once or twice before this year cause I was unable to contain myself.   I've also talked about this movie a few times over the years with this blog, but what can I say, it's one of my personal favourites.

If you haven't seen the movie yet, it's about a group of people who come together and share half a year of their lives over the works of Jane Austen and what they learn from the books as they do.

The food is subtle, but it, like the books, is constant. First starting timidly and casual to the general tastes, then becoming an expansion of each chapter, as the characters begin to open up themselves.

How to join in... Grab yourself a copy of the movie Jane Austen Book Club, then head into the kitchen and bake/cook something it has inspired in you. Either something you actually spotted in the film, or something else that just happened to pop into your brain while watching.

Step 2: You must have a blog to be part. So...make sure you've got one.  Then post your creation on your blog.  It must be a current post - During this month December 2015-  you must have within the post a link back to this announcement post AND the Food n Flix blog.

Step 3: Email a link of your post; to me at  domesticanddamned (at) gmail (dot) com  with your name, your blog's name and url, the name of the dish, and a photo or give me permission to grab a photo from the blog post. Make sure to title the email "Food n Flix Submission".

Deadline:  Monday December 28th 2015, by 6pm EST...cause I'd like to have the round up for the next day if possible.

12 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so excited to watch this one again...with my foodie hat on this time. Thanks so much for being our hostess this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, me too! Looking forward to finding the food inspiration. ;-)
    Thanks for picking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this movie yet but I ordered it up from ON Demand and it is being taped tomorrow. Can't wait. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie is totally new to me and I am looking forward to it very much. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed this one, Kimberly. My post will be up the morning of the 28th. Just emailed you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting Kimberly. This was a fun favorite for me. ;-) I am sneaking in (right under the wire) and just sent you an email with my entry.

    ReplyDelete